Monday, January 26, 2015

Garage floor gets a makeover with Epoxy

During two weeks Christmas break, we accomplished quite a lot on the garage makeover front.

Our garage floor was a huge mess. Oil stains, spray paint residues, normal wear and tear all contributed towards the mess. Epoxy was the only way to bring some life back into the floor. Epoxy not only resists oil stains, wipes floor clean, also beads water. Color chips and custom paint colors hide imperfections in the concrete floor.  I wanted to try with Epoxy kits that u can get in home improvement stores. Kept procrastinating as few of my friends mentioned that theirs was chipping off or peeling off.

So we got Industrial strength Epoxy done for our garage floor. Yes, you read it right, we GOT it done :) Hubby's colleague was getting it done, hubby asked me, if we should get it too. I happily agreed. Putting Epoxy on garage floor has been on our laundry list for a long time. We felt pricing was right, so went ahead with the contractor to do an Industrial strength epoxy.

Most time consuming part was removing stuff from the garage and emptying the two cabinets. We used this opportunity to clean/Purge/Donate/Organize. Can't believe, I am posting it on the blog, here is how garage looked during/before the cleaning process :)


I have never seen my garage this clean ever not even when we moved in (There were few things from the previous owner).


- After Cleaning and Itching
Epoxy garage floor after cleaning and itching

- After repairing the cracks on the floor and rolling the epoxy mixture (epoxy paint and hardener)
Epoxy garage floor during paint rolling

- After spreading the paint chips on the epoxy
Epoxy garage floor before clear coat

- After top coat
Epoxy garage floor after top coat

Here is the closeup, we used medium tan color.



Stay tuned for few more projects we did in the garage :), Have a great week ahead.

Sharing at :
thriftydecorchick
savvysouthernstyle       remodelaholic                                                                        

Thanks for stopping by,










16 comments :

  1. Bharati, The garage looks so bright. They did a nice job. I like the color. Epoxy for our garage is on our list since we moved in 4 years ago....:-). Moving and clearing the garage is what holding us....Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reshma, welcome back. I know, cleaning the garage is the BIGGEST problem for such projects.

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. It looks great.

    saw this on You're Gonna Love It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi bharati,
    Found you on Thrifty Decor Chick. Happy to see another techie's blog sharing my interests. Your garage looks great. I need to do this in our house when we move in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank u for stopping by. I visited your blog, loved going thru the posts, I definitely have to try some of your meal ideas :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness - that is amazing! I absolutely love the outcome. Pinning. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I just have to say that that epoxy cover makeover looks amazing! Your garage floor has so much more character to it now. It looks so refined and bright! Love it! Great post, Bharati!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bharati, Your garage looks amazing... can't help commenting about the elephant though... there was literally an elephant in your garage before the cleanup..;)
    I did read your post on that elephant too... great project...:)
    Glad I could find you through the hobnob and now I am following you..:)

    -Priyam @ http://priam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I cannot believe the difference in your garage floor! I really love how it came out. The color and the brightness really stand out. This is something I would love to do in my garage, eventually. Thank you for sharing your story as well as the before and after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing! This article is really helpful and informative. You can try water blaster for quick and deep cleaning.


    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace